Jackie Harris, Clinic Nurse
Clinic Cards: Students must have a current signed clinic card on file in order to check out through the clinic. It is important to complete a Clinic Card yearly to update medical issues and important phone numbers.
COMPLETE CLINIC CARD HERE
Medications: No medication can be given to a student without a parent/guardian’s written permission; a Gwinnett County Administration of Medication Form must be completed and signed. The form is available below. The Clinic Card is not written permission to administer medications.
Check-Out Policy: The clinic is available for illnesses or injuries that occur during school hours. If a student is too ill to remain at school, a parent/guardian will be contacted to pick his/her child up. The clinic must get parent/guardian permission before releasing any student from school.
Health Management Plans: If it has been indicated on the clinic card that a student has a current medical problem, a completed health management plan should be on file in the clinic. These forms help provide the medical information needed to best care for your child while at school, and they must be updated each school year.
Inhalers: Students carrying prescribed inhalers with them throughout the day must have an Asthma Action Plan, signed by a parent/guardian and physician, on file in the clinic. The form is available below.
Epi-Pens: Epinephrine (Epi-Pen) is a cardiac drug and must be stored in the clinic. If it is medically necessary for an Epi-Pen to be carried by a student throughout the day, rather than stored in the clinic,
Proper documentation from a physician MUST be on file in the clinic and it is imperative that this student remember their pen. Additional documentation for students requiring an Epi-Pen includes an Allergy Emergency Plan and a Hypodermic Injection Consent Form, signed by a parent/guardian.
- allergy_plan_2013_revised.pdf (366.0 KBs)
- asthma_management_plan_2013.pdf (83.3 KBs)
- diabetes_care_plan_2010.pdf (95.1 KBs)
- hypodermic_injection_permit_2010.pdf (18.1 KBs)
- health_mgmt_plan-_generic_2010.pdf (48.5 KBs)
- inflammatory_bowel_disease_plan_2010.pdf (64.5 KBs)
- jra_arthritismanagement_plan_2010.pdf (60.7 KBs)
- medication_administration_form_2013.pdf (219.1 KBs)
- neurocardiogenic_syncope_plan_2010.pdf (68.8 KBs)
- seizure_management_plan_2013.pdf (28.7 KBs)
- self_admin_epi.pdf (105.6 KBs)